Joy in Golf Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 09996083. Registered office address: 54 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1DU
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- Playgolf Abbey Moor Ltd – company number 09812272
- Playgolf Management Ltd – company number 08359291
- Playgolf Colchester Ltd – company number 07131980
- Playgolf London Ltd – company number 06869138
- Leatherhead Golf Club Ltd – company number 00478765
Joy in Golf Ltd. is a data controller, and this means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We may collect the following information:
- First name
- Date of Birth/Verification that you are over 13 years old
- Email address
- Contact number
- Postal address
- Bank account details (For membership purposes only)
How we collect information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with, or otherwise respond to your requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to e-newsletters, marketing programs or other options in our marketing programs.
- To display a member’s first and last name on Competition Leader Boards at a Joy in Golf Venue as well as on any digital platform such as the Members Hub.
- To provide you with information on upcoming events and happenings.
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website, any transmission is at your own risk.
If you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, please get in touch straight away.
A Cookie is small file or a record that is placed on a visitor’s device or browser to collect information about your activities on a website. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have given us consent by checking relevant boxes, we’ll send you marketing messages by email with interesting emails about our latest news, products, exclusive offers and events.
Customers who consent to receiving marketing emails will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link at the bottom of every email they receive. Customers enquiring online via contact or enquiry forms are NOT automatically added to our marketing database and will not be sent unsolicited email marketing without first being asked if they would like to opt in to receive marketing material.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/unchecking relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or on account creation.
You can also exercise your right to obtain a copy of your data we hold at any time by contacting us.
Sharing your information
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party including your name, address or email address.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this policy:
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who, who help us run our websites. We require these providers to provide reasonable security for personal information and to only use your personal information on our behalf.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you.
We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen years. This website is directed to persons who are at least thirteen years of age. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted and we will delete the information about the child referenced from our records.
What are your rights
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data.
- To update your personal data.
- To change your mind and ask us to stop using your information.
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled or required to retain it.
- To get a copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us).
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- To make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
Access to Information
You have the right to make a written request for a copy of the personal data that we keep about you. If you would like to know what personal information we hold or would like us to correct any of the details we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection team, we will do our very best to get back to you as soon as possible and within one month from your original contact.
We may ask you to enclose proof of your identity, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. You will have to give us enough information so we can identify the personal information you have asked to see or have corrected.
How long will we use your information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in the retention policy. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.